About effective communication
Effective communication is essential in the care coordination process.
Communication with other health professionals, organisations and the person keeps everyone informed and improves the person’s journey.
Effective communication as a care coordinator:
- helps build trust with the person
- helps the person feel comfortable to disclose relevant information about themselves, their conditions and their health-related goals
- involves the person more fully in their health and wellbeing decisions, thereby supporting them to self-manage as much as possible
- helps the person make informed health decisions, including how these may impact them and their family
- makes the person feel valued, at ease and in control.